Sai Maa, founder of Humanity In Unity, is deeply committed to alleviating pain and suffering across the world, ushering in an age of global enlightenment. Maa has initiated myriad projects over many decades to aid and empower those who are most vulnerable.
- India is home to about 25 percent of the world's hungry poor.
- Nearly half of Indian children age 5 or younger are malnourished (fourth in the world).
- Violence against women is the fastest-growing crime in India.
- Every 34 minutes a woman is raped (considered vastly under-reported).
- Every 43 minutes a woman is kidnapped.
- Every six hours, a young married woman is beaten to death, burnt or driven to suicide.
- 81% of Indians between 75 and 83 suffer from cataract, the leading cause of blindness.